The nose is the most fragile and defenseless part of our body. It is extremely sensitive because of its anatomical structure and has a huge number of small, very vulnerable capillaries. Our nose will immediately respond to any load, pathology or deviation from the usual regime, whether it is a change of weather or an uncomfortable position of the head. Sometimes, it is enough to ask how a person’s nose feels and evaluate its color to determine the state of the person.
Bleeding from nose is a problem that everyone has faced. This could be caused by a fall from a hill with your face down, a sharp rise in pressure or a strong runny nose, which led to a rupture of the epithelium. But if a person has nasal bleeding everyday, this is a warning indicator. Meanwhile, 1 in 50 people on the planet is forced to live with such a symptom. It is not as if that the problem is frequent, but it could not be also called the unlikely one. One thing is obvious to specialists: regular nasal bleeding is a sign of a serious pathology that should not be ignored.
Note!People with nervous disorders and vascular problems are more likely to face nasal bleeding. Many of them are even accustomed to this unpleasant condition and do not try to treat it.
What Does Bloody Nose Indicate?
The presence of neurocirculatory dysfunction and vascular problems does not exclude other diseases in which a person’s nose bleeds. Here we will not mention injuries or surgical interventions. There are many hidden diseases. The patient may also think that the symptoms have completely different nature (Vegetovascular dystonia, high pressure, nervous tension, etc.). So, nose bleeding everyday can occur due to the following diseases/conditions:
- Hypertension associated with cardiac and/or renal disorders (headache, disorientation, noise in the head).
- Hemophilia, or clotting problems. The blood becomes too thin and breaks out of any thinning of the vessel at the slightest excuse. At the same time, it is extremely difficult to stop bleeding from the wound, sometimes you even have to call an ambulance. The patient often has bruises under the skin.
- Tumors inside the sinuses: benign and malignant. Sometimes the ENT specialist’s patient is surprised when he is informed about the presence of papilloma or polyp. Unfortunately, tumors are often found when there is constant bleeding from nose.
- Vasculitis. This disease belongs to the category of autoimmune diseases and “sleeps” for a long time until the allergen-provocateur wakes it up. Then most of the blood vessels in the body are affected and cannot withstand the blood flow.
In order not to engage in dangerous self-treatment and not to lose precious time, it is better to undergo a medical examination as soon as possible and begin to fight a dangerous disease.
What if the Reason Lies in the Nervous System?
It also happens that the doctor does not detect pathological changes in the organs, but, nevertheless, the person’s nose is constantly bleeding. A healthy nose should not bleed – that’s the truth. What other problems can hide behind the nasal bleeding?
|Tension, stress||Often, the patient is so stressed out by internal conflicts and experiences that the capillaries cannot resist and tear. This is the reason for concern. Fortunately, the vessels burst in the sinuses, not in the brain, where it can turn into a stroke. It is interesting that the body and protects its master from harm this way. Tension and fear “breaks” from the nostrils, in order to protect the brain.|
|Problems with vessels||Vegetovascular dystonia, neurosis, panic attacks are exhausting the body, depleting the vascular structure. Vessels cannot withstand even a weak load: a change of weather, a heavy bag, a quarrel with the husband as the result there is nasal bleeding. It should be noted that some people have brittle, fragile, nasal capillaries, located almost at the surface of the skin from birth. However, but modern medicine can improve this problem with the help of cauterization.|
|Increased blood pressure/ hypertensic crisis||As has been mentioned above, nasal “breakthroughs” save the brain from stroke. As soon as the blood flow gushes out of the nostrils, blood pressure immediately begins to decrease, and the person is protected. Morning blood from the nose with clots indicate that the blood pressure has increased at night when the patient was fast asleep – at this time the protective mechanism worked.|
|Lack of vitamins||If the body lacks vitamin C, the epithelium becomes brittle, because the protein responsible for tissue elasticity is not synthesized in the right amount.|
|Dry air||Nasal problems will be exacerbated if the air in the room is dry. People wake up and have blood crusts in the over-dried nasal mucosa. Sometimes they wonder for a long time, what is the reason for this. It is good to have a humidifier at home. If you do not, it is enough to put a basin with water in the center of the floor for the night.|
How to help yourself when nasal bleeding:
- take semi-lying position (do not throw your head back);
- put something cold on the bridge of your nose;
- moisten cotton balls with hydrogen peroxide (3%) and shove into the nostrils carefully, press with your fingers.
If the blood is abundant and does not reduce intensity for 10 minutes, you need to call an ambulance.