I have just woke up and I am already tired. How familiar is this state for many people on our planet, especially for those who live in civilized countries, where there is stress and lack of exercise. Sometimes people are so busy and morally depressed by their life that they tend to blame the modern world for their chronic fatigue: life is arranged in a way that we simply have no time to relax. You are working from early morning till the very evening, do shopping and quarrel with households.
However, there are many super-busy people around us who are rarely tired and are generally happy with life. So may be the roots of the problem are completely different? After all, chronic fatigue can be a dangerous signal of the body that something bad is happening to it.
Symptoms and Manifestations
If a person has worked hard physically or mentally, it is natural to have muscle weakness or headache. However, being aware of the reason, people do not panic as after a good sleep everything will pass without a trace. But if there are no obvious factors that cause symptoms of chronic fatigue, and the condition lasts for months and sometimes even years, it is difficult not to pay attention to the loss of strength. The worst thing is if the patient does nothing with it, and over time this condition becomes part of the lifestyle. People often say that such a person is “stick in the mud” or call him/her a “dying swan” because many of the symptoms are obvious to others:
- A person looks depressed, tired, weak, as if he suffers from some disease and hides it.
- There are sleep disorders: a person cannot sleep well, constantly wakes up in the middle of the night, the sleep is superficial, disturbing, often accompanied by nightmares.
- There are frequent headaches, pulsation in the temples, a feeling of a “helmet ” on the head.
- The patient is quick-tempered, irritable, can answer simple questions resentfully and sharply, and later regrets and hates the helpless tired state even more.
- Often colds occur or existing ones exacerbate.
- A large bouquet of somatic manifestations of “tired syndrome” blooms: weight loss, problems with the gastrointestinal tract, sudden increase in lymph nodes, subfebrile temperature, pressure jumps. The person begins to apply to different specialists, but no organic abnormalities are detected.
- Lost interest in life: what is interesting in the eternal desire to lie down and relax from everything and everyone? There is no energy even to go to work and wash the dishes, and even favorite hobbies and conquering some peaks become fiction.
In the presence of at least two of the above symptoms of chronic fatigue, the patient should be examined by a therapist, a psychotherapist and a neurologist to exclude the presence of hidden diseases (organic and mental). Most often, constant fatigue and apathy have some good reason, and if it is not found, then the patient is diagnosed with “chronic fatigue syndrome”.
What Can Hide Behind the Eternal Exhaustion?
Scientists have long been interested in the issue of fatigue, and they conducted a lot of research to find out who is more at risk. It turned out, that most often the most able-bodied citizens (25-45 years) feel tired. There are more women than men among them. This fact gives us the right to say: the more emotional and sensitive a person is, the more unarmed he/she is against the “tired syndrome”. Although, this is a moot point, as many men are just as emotional and suggestible as women, it’s just public morals that encourage them to press their feelings inside. Work that is associated with daily stress also puts you at risk. And if you live in an ecologically unsafe area, the chances of catching CFS increase even more. Among other reasons that provoke regular fatigue of varying degrees, are the following:
- Vegetative-vascular dystonia. Suffering from endless stress and adrenaline rushes, the patient falls into a vicious circle. After any stress, the body requires a well-deserved rest and relaxation, because it is not an eternal engine. So it turns out that regular adrenaline rushes, forcing the heart to pound, and the vessels and muscles to contract, subsequently make the body “wither”. It seems that the person is tired, but this is a natural renewal process of the body’s resources. Coffee lovers, by the way, are also runners in a vicious circle! They think that caffeine will cheer them up and activate their mental work. However, we should not forget that after shaking the body will ask for “mercy”, and the person will feel tired and sleepy. The effect of caffeine does not last long. After some time the person feels sluggish and tired.
- Lack of oxygen in the room or area of residence. The importance of O2 cannot be underestimated. If some organs “do not care” about the lack of this vital element, then the brain will necessarily sound the alarm, which will manifest itself in constant fatigue and drowsiness. The brain will not be able to work actively and fully without sufficient oxygen.
- Stresses. With constant nervous tension the hormone cortisol is released. It is intended to “calm” the body. This is why nervous and irritable people often crave to lie down and take a nap.
- Hidden diseases. Hepatitis, myocarditis, apnoea – these “sweet villains” might not manifest themselves with anything but tiredness. The person will think that that the reason is stresses or a lack of vitamins.
- Depression. People are depressed for various reasons, but one of the symptoms of this condition is fatigue, emotional and physical.
You can not call the feeling of constant fatigue only self-hypnosis, which lives in the head and affects the entire daily life. As can be seen from these factors, the feeling of fatigue is always a signal of some problems in the body. Even if the cause has a spiritual etiology, it is necessary to find its roots and ruthlessly pull them out. You could not change the world in the way you want, but everyone is able to change something in his/her life.