Sometimes a human body suddenly becomes covered with red spots and begins to itch during severe stress. At that, people often do not even understand what led to, this state. Patients always spend a lot of time thinking what caused the problem.
Features of “Nervous” Itching
The condition when the skin itches because of the stress is quite common. The fact is that nervous tension and stress lead to the weakening of the immune system. As a result, the nervous system begins to attack its own cells. Failures in the body cause various unpleasant physiological symptoms, one of which is itching from stress. “Nervous” itching is usually accompanied by:
- general weakness throughout the day;
- strong nervousness;
- stiffness in the body;
- the appearance of red spots or blisters on the skin;
- burning, tingling sensations.
The accompanying symptoms are manifestations typical for stressful situations, namely: tachycardia, ups and downs in blood pressure, trembling in the body, frequent urination, diarrhea, headaches and respiratory disorders.
Attention!Itching from stress can occur both immediately and after some time. Itching can affect any part of the body – from the face and neck to the fingers and toes. Many patients note that itching becomes more intense in the evening and at night.
You should not ignore such a manifestation and postpone the solution of the problem for later. If the rash on certain parts of the body can still be hidden under clothing, you could not escape from the constant desire to itch the affected areas. Moreover, regular combing of the skin leads to the fact that on its surface there are multiple scratches and cracks.
What to Do?
In order to eliminate skin itching from stress, first of all, it is necessary to improve the psychological state. Soothing drugs of soft action, breathing exercises, meditation techniques will help to relax and relieve anxiety. If the stress has passed, and the itch came later, you can use such drugs from itching as Boromentol, Nezulin or Fenistil. Some folk remedies are also suitable.
- A bath with tickseed relieves itching and has a beneficial effect on the skin. Fill two tablespoons of tickseed with a glass of hot water and leave the mixture for 20 minutes.
- Wiping itchy areas with tomato juice mixed with water in a ratio of 2:1 can also help.
- Tea from Melissa relieves skin irritation and weakens the “nervous” scabies. To prepare the drink, pour a tablespoon of Melisa herb with a cup of boiling water.
In more severe cases of skin itchy from stress or serious mental disorders, you should consult a specialist.
Help of the Psychotherapist
Treatment of the patient, who is concerned about various unpleasant symptoms of psychogenic nature, should be complex. It usually involves psychotherapy and medication. The following methods can be used in sessions:
- behavioral therapy;
- autogenic training.
Anti-depressants and tranquilizers, for example, Fluoxetine, Sertraline, and Phenazepam or Imipramine are often prescribed. Drugs eliminate nervous tension and fear, reduce anxiety. After improving the condition, to avoid exacerbation of symptoms, the patient should take some drugs for another three to six months. At the same time, the end of the course of taking drugs does not mean that psychotherapy should be stopped. A patient should continue to visit the specialist even if the condition has already improved significantly.
Patients who regularly experience psycho-emotional stress should pay attention to several important points.
- If possible, avoid situations of stress and devote more time to your favorite activities.
- Sleep for at least 8-9 hours.
- Walking in the fresh air is very useful for health and general well-being.
- Food should be balanced. It is necessary to consume a sufficient amount of proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
- Great health benefits will bring the rejection of bad habits.
- The best way to improve your and physical well-being is physical activity.
Itching of the skin because of the stress is a problem that needs to be addressed immediately. Even if the symptom appeared only once and was not too pronounced, you should pay attention to your psychological state – unpleasant manifestations can return at any time.